CONDITIONS OF SALE
- du Plessis Auction Gallery reserves the right of admittance to any premises where auctions are conducted by themselves
- The highest bidder shall be the buyer subject to a reserve price, if any
- “Subject to Confirmation” bids are binding for up to seven (7) days from the fall of the hammer.
- In the event of any dispute as to the bidding in respect of any lot, the auctioneer shall be the sole arbitrator and his decision shall be final
- The auctioneer has the right:
- to refuse any bid which in his opinion is not in the best interests of the vendor
- to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion
- to place a reserve on any lot
- to place one bid on any lot on behalf of the seller, if so instructed by the seller
- to withdraw any lot from sale vi. to require a successful bidder to pay forthwith the whole or any part of the purchase price
- The auctioneer acts only as the agent of the seller and neither he nor the seller shall be responsible for any defects or faults in any lot or for any errors of description or genuineness or authenticity of any lot and no compensation shall be paid in respect of same
- All lots will be the responsibility of the buyer from the time of the lot being sold
- A bidder shall be deemed to be a principal unless, prior to bidding he has given the auctioneer a copy of a written authority to bid for or on behalf of another party
- If not already completed, as soon as practicable after the fall of the hammer the purchaser shall sign the bidding agreement
- Each lot shall be paid for and removed at the buyer’s expense immediately upon completion of the auction or as stipulated in the catalogue. Failing payment, the buyer will forfeit any deposit paid and the auctioneers and/or seller reserves the right to resell the lot either by public or private sale and any deficiency on the lot and costs of resale shall be borne by the defaulting buyer.
- Lots purchased may not be removed until payment in full has been made to the auctioneers
Mastercard, Visa, Diners Club, American Express, Cash, Personal Cheque (ID required) A surcharge of 1.1% applicable for all card payments
A Buyer’s Premium of 20% inclusive of G.S.T. of the total purchase price applies to online bids
COLLECTION OF PURCHASES
No items may be collected or removed whilst the auction is in progress. All items to be paid for and collected immediately upon completion of the auction unless otherwise stated in the relevant auction catalogue. Please refer to payment & collection notes in the catalogue
For parties able to inspect but unable to attend the auction, our absentee bidding service is available free of charge. Items will be obtained as cheaply as possible as permitted by other bidders in the saleroom. Parties intending to use this service must complete the requisite form prior to the auction
As all lots have been subjected to use over the period of time, we recommend prospective purchasers avail themselves of the inspection period, as all lots are being sold as found and bids once taken are final and binding. Any measurements given are approximate only.
Where items are of Australian ‘significance’, an export permit may be required under the Australian Movable Cultural Heritage Act. It is the buyer’s responsibility to obtain the necessary permissions, if required, for a lot prior to export.